The LALA U.S. Story
Nourishment for life is not only our passion but has been our mission for over six decades. Here at LALA U.S., we believe our success comes from listening to the needs of our customers which is why we have continued to expand and grow our business.
The LALA U.S.® story is rich with dairy history. Our name comes from our parent company, Grupo LALA – a Mexican dairy company, founded in 1949 in Torreón, Coahuila. It is the only dairy company that operates nationwide in Mexico. It expanded into the United States in 2005, and began acquiring manufacturing plants in North America in 2009. Today, LALA U.S. continues to expand its reach across North America with both regional and national value-added dairy brands from manufacturing plants in Colorado, Nebraska and Texas.
LALA U.S. Through the Years
- 2005: LALA yogurts enter U.S. market
- 2009: Manufacturing of LALA begins out of Nebraska and distributing Promised Land Dairy out of Texas
- 2015: LALA Greek Yogurt Smoothies are introduced
- 2016: LALA expands nationally and becomes No. 1 adult drinkable smoothie
- 2016: Began manufacturing Promised Land out of Colorado
At LALA U.S., we have seven core values that help guide us as we grow.
- Respect – Recognizing the worth of everyone
- Positive Ambition – A desire for continual improvement in who we are and what we do
- Passion – Doing things with contagious emotion
- Integrity – “Always being our self” trustworthy and consistent – we do what we say and say what we do
- Discipline – Following and enforcing policies and procedures
- Frugality – Not extravagant or ostentatious
- Simplicity – Humble and willing to listen